Wednesday, August 6, 2014

one down, 3 to go

I got my cd21/7dpo blood test done today, along with the STI tests. i'll also get to find out what my blood type is finally, lol. good thing I've never asked for that test to be done before, apparently its only free when it has to do with fertility testing, yikes! I don't want to know what it would cost...

I just have one last round of testing done to do my part, cd3. I'm not sure when that will fall, if it will be during the week or on the weekend since I'm not entirely confident that I'm 7dpo. I'm fairly certain, I had O cramps on cd19, but my temps suggest cd20 as O day unless I use the research method on FF. but I'm going with cd19 because it makes the most sense with opk results and the cramping. if that's the case, cd3 will be as late as next Friday with my now usual 13 day LP. but if I did O on cd20 (one day difference shouldn't have much of an effect on progesterone levels, if any), its possible cd3 won't be until next Saturday. in which case, all labs in the area are closed. boo! so when I was being sucked dry of blood, I asked the tech what to do in that case and she said to just get the nurses at registration to make a note that I might be in on the 16th so that I don't get hassled by them for coming in on a weekend to get that done. I wouldn't want to have to wait god knows how many cycles to get cd3 on a weekday! with the way my body has been acting lately, I wouldn't put it past it to do that to me.

so all that's left is DH's testing. something I'm hoping he'll do sooner rather than later since he's now the one we'll be waiting on to get that referral in. his blood test will be easy, he can just use a lunch hour to do it, its the taking 2 hours off work plus a lunch hour to go to the city, and it not be right in the middle of a week that I'm fertile... that's going to be the hard part since by the time he'll have the time to go, it might be time to get BDing... grrr. so I guess either way, that referral won't be getting in til early September even though my cycle messing up made it possible to get my testing done earlier than I expected to. go figure.

No comments:

Post a Comment