Tuesday, August 26, 2014

progress

(cycle 48, day 15)

I'd been getting frustrated with my opks since they didn't seem to be getting any darker as the days went on, but finally yesterday it started getting somewhere and am hoping to get a positive opk today, if I don't today, i'll still be frustrated  : P  its definitely not far off though at this point.

last Friday I thought I was suffering from OHSS (ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome), but I think it was another gall bladder attack (or at least what I think is a gall bladder attack since it fits with the symptoms and I've had it happen a number of times, my aunt pointed it out at xmas and its been on my mind whenever I feel like that; nausea, indigestion, upset stomach...). its unfortunate that the symptoms are similar so its hard to tell which it really was, but I'm inclined to think it was the gall bladder given what's going on fertility wise this week.

so I don't think I was dealing with OHSS last week because this week I've felt my ovaries all day for the last 24 hours. similar to O pain, but it hasn't gone away. so I doubt the pain I had last week was related to my body producing a lot of follicles if I'm just now feeling that way. I'm hoping I'm growing a couple good follicles and hopefully at least two of them erupt and at least one of them implants and becomes a baby. I'd like as high a possibility as possible to get pregnant... please and thank you!


I was incredibly frustrated with my body since I was hoping clomid would bring back my normal O on cd14 body to me. I mostly hoped that because I already O on my own and most women who take clomid don't O ever, or rarely and then on clomid O at some point between cd14 and cd20. I guess my body is just responding that same as it does for those women. i'll be glad if next cycle I O at the same time as this cycle because at least that would be some kind of regularity, which I haven't had in a long time. and if I do, I won't have to worry about going away overnight next cycle and missing an opportunity because i'll have Od before leaving (which makes me wish I had taken an extra day of travel, stupid unpredictableness!). after next cycle (the last one on clomid) I think we might take a break from actively ttc and go back to just having sex when we want to and not worrying about it being when I'm fertile or not. I'm tired of scheduling sex and I know DH is too, moreso than me, but he's been a trooper with scheduled BDing since the last MC. I'm just over it at this point. if clomid doesn't help, I strongly feel that we'll need more intervention. and if that's the case, why ttc on our own in the months between clomid cycles and going to the RE? plus, October would be a great month to take a break: i'll be in Ontario pretty much at the start of my fertile time and I'm going solo for the first 5+ days. I won't be seeing DH til around O day or after, so there will be very slim chances that cycle. it'll be a good break, a needed break at that point.

No comments:

Post a Comment