Wednesday, September 17, 2014

shitty weekend

sigh. I had a somewhat terrible weekend. where to start? I guess from the beginning...

1. I got an email late Saturday afternoon about setting up a new cell phone account with my current provider. I figured the email was spam but since it included an authorization # and the phone number activated, I wanted to make sure. so I called them up and they were able to confirm an awful lot of my information for me including the fact that there was a phone set up in my name, along with using my credit card number, email address, street address and phone numbers. enter complete shock. so as I was on the phone with them, I checked my online banking activity since they said there was approximately $1000 worth of charges from them, and I confirmed exactly how many and how much those charges were while looking at my account. I was floored. wtf? how did this happen? I physically had my credit card and hadn't used it in about 2 weeks in a store, but had used it a number of times for some online shopping. I still don't know where the info could have been taken from since I have 5 active email addresses. that's a lot to keep straight. so after getting off the phone with the phone provider, I had to call my credit company to let them know I was a victim of fraud, the phone provider was reversing the charges so they didn't have to, but I did need a new card issued. then I was worried about a ticketmaster purchase not going through since it wasn't showing up on my online banking, even as a authorized purchase and not a posted purchase. just what you want to deal with on a Saturday evening....

2. I did a neon run Saturday with a friend and her son. what a fiasco. first, i was running behind getting ready because i was dealing with fraud, then i spent the trip up there talking to the credit company and still trying to figure out what sites i needed to the change passwords too and where this possibly could have happened. when we got there, it wasn't anything i didn't expect, a big group of ppl with no actual set waves, similar to color me rad which i had done 2 times prior. i didn't expect there to be a lot of organization in that respect since with color me rad, as long as you have a race bib, you can just walk right to the start line (even if you signed up for a particular wave) and just go with the next wave since they let one go every 2-5 minutes. with this neon run, they let one group go about 15 minutes late of the start time, then about 4-5 more waves, the last one leaving i guess close to an hour late. it was ridiculous letting that many ppl go at a time, but knowing how color me rad is, it wasn't surprising yet. it started out following a very similar route, but at the 1km mark, they turned us down toward the Edmonton river valley instead of meandering through the residential area. it was an alright jog to the bottom, a little dark, but i managed just fine. at the 2km mark, that's when it all went wrong. i don't know approved the route, or if it was a last minute change as it was rumoured later on, or what the deal was, but they were bottlenecking about 2000 participants into a single file line up a steep embankment. i was already separated from my friend as she stayed at her son's pace, but not knowing that they were sending us towards this path, i kept at my pace and was planning on just waiting for them at the finish. well at this bottleneck, i waited for at least 30 mintues before getting to the top and my friend ended up bypassing me by taking an alternate route to the top and finished well ahead of me. i didn't even know how far back they might have been. it took me nearly 2 hours to finish a 5k run that i can definite finish in less than 45 minutes at color me rad. ppl were saying afterwards that it was actually a 7.5k route, which makes complete sense as i can typically run a 5k without much issue or being too winded, but not long after getting to the top of that hill, i didn't have much left in me. it was about the actual 5k mark that i petered out and was struggling. i resorted to some walking because i just couldn't run anymore. by the time i got to the finish line, everyone was just exasperated. my friend thought i had been trampled and was wondering if they'd ever see me again. what a failure that race was. there was a lot of angry ppl after that run, didn't help that all the volunteers had basically taken off after about the hour mark from the race start because the only ppl left manning the streets, were the cops directing traffic. what a joke that was. once i got all my venting out, i felt better and didn't do as much complaining, but still. that's not at all what anyone signed up for.

3. i ended my sunday evening with a migraine. DH and i were participating in a memorial motorcycle ride sunday that we had done the year before. i look forward to it because its the longest ride DH will take me on since we limit it to as far as Edmonton and back. this was a 230km ride to the finish and at about the 175km mark, i started getting a headache and my ass had had about all it could handle, but i toughed it out (like i had much of a choice) and it wasn't too bad until we were almost home. i kept my eyes shut most of ride home from the finish and when we did get home, i was nearly in tears from the pain in my forehead, but knowing crying would just make it worse, i just popped some advil and we relaxed in bed and had a nap. even after the nap i still had a raging headache so i took some extra strength Tylenol hoping that would help, but i didn't get much relief before falling asleep for the night. that headache lasted all the next day too. probably one of the worst headaches I've ever had. i think I've only had about 3 really bad headaches, and that was one of them. the first one was over 8 years ago and my entire head was throbbing, i had to take some of my moms Tylenol 2s. the second was last summer when i was pregnant coming back from a wedding in Saskatoon. being pregnant and up late, makes for one hungover feeling pregnant woman the next day and i just so happened to get the nasty migraine to go with said hungover feeling. it was horrible, but at least was gone after some shut eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment